Earthly Possibilities Landscaping is always accepting resumes and job application submissions. We are also looking to immediately fill the following positions:
Position Title: Hardscape Technician
Reports To: Team Leader
The hardscape technician is an experienced team member in construction, basic electricity, basic plumbing, and works with minimal supervision. This position assists in directing the activities of a team of two or more employees in the construction of paver patios, retaining walls, garden ponds, and low-voltage lighting.
- Installs paver patios; stone, wood, or segmental block retaining walls.
- Installs plants and does landscape maintenance
- Installs low-voltage landscape lighting.
- Reads landscape design prints, reviews prints with the team leader, and implements the landscape construction plan.
- Understands elevations and uses this knowledge to assist the team leader in executing the construction plan
- Operates, proficiently, a variety of mechanical equipment, including skid loaders, mini excavators, dingos, plate compactors, stone grinders, drills, gas and electric chop saws, chain saws, demolition hammers, and jack hammers.
- Operates automatic and stick shift vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Assists the team leader in interacting with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of a job, answering questions, responding to client requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job’s completion.
- Assists the team leader in completing the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders, material requisitions, and client tickets.
- Assists the team leader in planning and organizing the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
- Assists the team leader in managing a team of two or more employees, including handling personnel issues on site and training employees on policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Briefs the team leader and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
- Helps, as necessary, with snow removal during the winter months.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies mechanic of needed repairs.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
- A high school degree or GED is required, plus one year’s experience in the hardscaping field is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to read and write.
- The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard construction practices, basic understanding of electricity and basic piping and plumbing concepts.
- Good oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Iowa Driver’s License and insurable by the company’s agent
This position requires that the individual be working on the following certifications and licensing:
- Basic Level Contractor Certification (ICPI)
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- First aid / cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
The physical demands outlined are examples of the type of demands the employee will encounter on the job site.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job are dictated by the CDL requirements.
Job Site Conditions
The job site conditions described below are examples of those conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to the homeowner’s pets.
The employee will work closely with members of the team, team leaders, and clients.
Are you ready to apply?
Please fill out our job application.